Think you have the brightest child in the U.S.? You may have a chance to find out. Lifetime has ordered eight episodes of new competition docuseries Child Genius, for premiere later this year. Based on the popular UK format, Child Genius centers on some of America’s most extraordinary and gifted children and their families as they prepare for a national intelligence competition. In cooperation with American MENSA, the competition will take place over several weeks this summer and will test America’s best young minds on their knowledge of logic, current affairs, history, memory, science, spelling, math and debate. At the end, one amazing kid will be named Child Genius 2014. Nationwide casting is currently underway. Child Genius is produced by Shed Media US. Pam Healey, John Hesling and Dan Snook serve as executive producers, along with Lifetime’s Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and David Hillman.
Lifetime Orders ‘Child Genius’ Competition Docuseries
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List