Think you have the brightest child in the U.S.? You may have a chance to find out. Lifetime has ordered eight episodes of new competition docuseries Child Genius, for premiere later this year. Based on the popular UK format, Child Genius centers on some of America’s most extraordinary and gifted children and their families as they prepare for a national intelligence competition. In cooperation with American MENSA, the competition will take place over several weeks this summer and will test America’s best young minds on their knowledge of logic, current affairs, history, memory, science, spelling, math and debate. At the end, one amazing kid will be named Child Genius 2014. Nationwide casting is currently underway. Child Genius is produced by Shed Media US. Pam Healey, John Hesling and Dan Snook serve as executive producers, along with Lifetime’s Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and David Hillman.
Lifetime Orders ‘Child Genius’ Competition Docuseries
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video