Laura Linney is set to star for her Kinsey and The Fifth State director Bill Condon in A Slight Trick of the Mind, adapted from Mitch Cullin’s 2005 novel. The story follows an elderly Sherlock Holmes (Ian McKellen) as he recalls his life and the unsolved case that forced him into retirement to his housekeeper and her young son. Linney will play housekeeper Mrs. Munro, with UK actress Hattie Morahan (PBS’ Bletchley Circle) also joining the cast. Jeffrey Hatcher (The Duchess, Casanova, Stage Beauty) scripted, and Anne Carey will produce for her Archer Gray Productions. See-Saw Films, Icon/AI Film’s Aviv Giladi, and Len Blavatnik are exec producing alongside Archer Gray’s Amy Nauiokas. Christine Langan is exec producing for BBC Films, which also is co-financing. FilmNation Entertainment is handling international sales. Filming begins this summer in the UK. Linney is repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Morahan by ICM Partners and Authentic Talent Management.
Laura Linney Joins Sherlock Holmes Pic ‘A Slight Trick Of The Mind’
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations