Laura Linney is set to star for her Kinsey and The Fifth State director Bill Condon in A Slight Trick of the Mind, adapted from Mitch Cullin’s 2005 novel. The story follows an elderly Sherlock Holmes (Ian McKellen) as he recalls his life and the unsolved case that forced him into retirement to his housekeeper and her young son. Linney will play housekeeper Mrs. Munro, with UK actress Hattie Morahan (PBS’ Bletchley Circle) also joining the cast. Jeffrey Hatcher (The Duchess, Casanova, Stage Beauty) scripted, and Anne Carey will produce for her Archer Gray Productions. See-Saw Films, Icon/AI Film’s Aviv Giladi, and Len Blavatnik are exec producing alongside Archer Gray’s Amy Nauiokas. Christine Langan is exec producing for BBC Films, which also is co-financing. FilmNation Entertainment is handling international sales. Filming begins this summer in the UK. Linney is repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Morahan by ICM Partners and Authentic Talent Management.
Laura Linney Joins Sherlock Holmes Pic ‘A Slight Trick Of The Mind’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case