Kyla Pratt (Dr. Doolittle) and Justin Prentice (Malibu Country) have been cast as series regulars opposite Samantha Logan on ABC Family’s drama pilot Recovery Road, based on Blake Nelson’s novel about a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Written by Bert V. Royal and Karen DiConcetto, the project centers on Maddie Graham (Logan) who has a reputation as a party girl and doesn’t think she has a problem, until she’s confronted by her school guidance counselor and forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie opts to spend her nights living with other recovering addicts at a rehab facility, and her days pretending everything is perfectly normal among her high school classmates and her closest friend. Pratt, repped by Stone Manners Salners, will play Trish Collins, Maddie’s roommate at the rehab facility. Prentice will play Dallas, the uber-popular, devious and Machiavellian yet sentimental high school bad boy. Pratt recently wrapped a fourth season on BET’s Let’s Stay Together. Prentice, repped by The Corsa Agency and Matt Sherman at More/Medavoy, recently guest-starred on NCIS and can next be seen in the Ally Walker-directed feature Sex, Death And Bowling.
Kyla Pratt & Justin Prentice Join ABC Family Drama Pilot ‘Recovery Road’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films