20th Century Fox has released the first look at Matthew Vaughn‘s Kingsman: The Secret Service, the pic based on the comic series by Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons. Of course Vaughn wrote and directed the first Kick-Ass movie, and he also wrote and directed X-Men: First Class — both were hits. But he decided not to helm Kick-Ass 2 and he backed out of the First Class follow-up X-Men: Days Of Future Past — and after the latter Mike Fleming Jr told us Vaughn was eyeing Secret Service as his next pic. (Bryan Singer, the franchise’s launcher, took the Days Of Future Past gig and that is due out this week.). Vaughn wrote Secret Service with writing partner Jane Goldman, and his Marv Films financed and produced. Colin Firth, Samuel L Jackson, Mark Strong and Michael Caine and Taron Egerton star in the drama that closely follows the comic, about a veteran secret agent who leads a young protege into the shadowy business. Fox has set an October 24 release date after shifting it around a couple times. It received strong response at CinemaCon and WonderCon when the studio showed sneak peeks. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'