20th Century Fox has released the first look at Matthew Vaughn‘s Kingsman: The Secret Service, the pic based on the comic series by Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons. Of course Vaughn wrote and directed the first Kick-Ass movie, and he also wrote and directed X-Men: First Class — both were hits. But he decided not to helm Kick-Ass 2 and he backed out of the First Class follow-up X-Men: Days Of Future Past — and after the latter Mike Fleming Jr told us Vaughn was eyeing Secret Service as his next pic. (Bryan Singer, the franchise’s launcher, took the Days Of Future Past gig and that is due out this week.). Vaughn wrote Secret Service with writing partner Jane Goldman, and his Marv Films financed and produced. Colin Firth, Samuel L Jackson, Mark Strong and Michael Caine and Taron Egerton star in the drama that closely follows the comic, about a veteran secret agent who leads a young protege into the shadowy business. Fox has set an October 24 release date after shifting it around a couple times. It received strong response at CinemaCon and WonderCon when the studio showed sneak peeks. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'