EXCLUSIVE: Katie Holmes has been set to join Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds, Daniel Bruhl, and Antje Traue in The Woman In Gold, the Simon Curtis-directed drama from Worldview Entertainment, BBC Films and The Weinstein Company. Scripted by Alexi Kaye and Alex Campbell, the story is set in 1998 and follows a holocaust survivor who solicits the help of her newly minted lawyer grandson to help her sue the Swiss government to get back priceless artwork stolen by the Nazis. Holmes, who’s repped by ICM Partners and Untitled, next will be seen in The Giver. She previously starred with Mirren for TWC’s Teaching Mrs. Tingle, a dark comedy by Kevin Williamson about students seeking revenge on a tyrant teacher.
Katie Holmes Joins ‘Woman In Gold’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- Andrea Riseborough And ‘Nancy’ Director Christina Choe On Finding Truth In Fiction – Sundance Studio
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Ashley Judd Seeks Gender Parity At WME & ‘Berlin Station’ – Sundance Film Festival