EXCLUSIVE: After leading April’s horror hit Oculus, Scottish actress Karen Gillan has been tapped for another Blumhouse Productions genre feature. The Doctor Who thesp is joining Ethan Hawke, John Travolta, and newly announced Taissa Farmiga in writer-director Ti West‘s revenge Western In A Valley Of Violence, which is ramping up ahead of a late-June shoot. She’s the second repeat Blumhouse actor to fill out the Valley cast, as Hawke starred in microbudget hits Sinister and The Purge for producer Jason Blum‘s shingle. Gillan will play Ellen, the older sister to Farmiga’s character. Together they run a hotel in the town where Hawke’s drifter seeks vengeance for the death of his best friend. Gillan next will be seen in the villainous Nebula role in Marvel’s summer tentpole Guardians Of The Galaxy and also is making a run at network TV as the star of ABC’s fall comedy Selfie, which was picked up last week. She’s repped by UTA and Troika Talent in the UK.
‘Doctor Who’s Karen Gillan Joins Ti West’s ‘In A Valley Of Violence’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- London Cops Collar Suspected 'Expendables 3′ Pirates
- 'Midnight Rider' Director, Producer Seek Escape From Trespass Case
- True Grit
- 'Glee's Chris Colfer Inks New Five-Book Deal
- Taryn Manning To Go Helter Skelter In 'Manson Girls'
- 'Jurassic World' Trailer: Life, And Another Sequel, Finds A Way