EXCLUSIVE: After leading April’s horror hit Oculus, Scottish actress Karen Gillan has been tapped for another Blumhouse Productions genre feature. The Doctor Who thesp is joining Ethan Hawke, John Travolta, and newly announced Taissa Farmiga in writer-director Ti West‘s revenge Western In A Valley Of Violence, which is ramping up ahead of a late-June shoot. She’s the second repeat Blumhouse actor to fill out the Valley cast, as Hawke starred in microbudget hits Sinister and The Purge for producer Jason Blum‘s shingle. Gillan will play Ellen, the older sister to Farmiga’s character. Together they run a hotel in the town where Hawke’s drifter seeks vengeance for the death of his best friend. Gillan next will be seen in the villainous Nebula role in Marvel’s summer tentpole Guardians Of The Galaxy and also is making a run at network TV as the star of ABC’s fall comedy Selfie, which was picked up last week. She’s repped by UTA and Troika Talent in the UK.
‘Doctor Who’s Karen Gillan Joins Ti West’s ‘In A Valley Of Violence’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike