EXCLUSIVE: Julia Stiles has joined the cast of The Great Gilly Hopkins, an adaptation of Bridge To Terabithia author Katherine Paterson’s novel of the same name. The Book Thief‘s Sophia Nelisse is playing young protagonist Gilly, who dreams of being reunited one day with her mysterious and exotic mother. Stiles will play Gilly’s mother. Also newly added to the cast is Bill Cobbs (The Bodyguard, Rake) as Gilly’s blind, kindly neighbor Mr. Randolph. Cobbs stepped into the role replacing previously cast Danny Glover, who dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Rounding out the cast is Billy Magnussen (Into The Woods, The East) as the youngster’s overworked and underpaid social worker. Kathy Bates, Octavia Spencer, and Glenn Close also co-star. Script is adapted by Paterson’s son David Paterson, who also co-adapted his mother’s Terabithia tome into the 2007 film. Picturehouse will distribute The Great Gilly Hopkins, which is now filming in and around New York City. Stiles is repped by ICM Partners, Untitled Entertainment and Sloane Offer Weber and Dern.
Katherine Paterson Lit Adaptation ‘The Great Gilly Hopkins’ Adds Julia Stiles, More
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Hulu Renews 'Mindy Project' For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More - Upfront
Latest Film News
- Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In ‘Ophelia’; Covert Media Aboard New Take On ‘Hamlet…
- ‘Don’t Think Twice’ Gets Summer Release Date
- SAG Awards 2017 Set For January 29; Will Air Live On TNT & TBS
- Charlie Hunnam Tapping Inner Steve McQueen In ‘Papillon’ Remake?
- Millennium Films Lands ‘Victim 321’ With ‘Zero Hour’ Helmer Diego Velasco; As ‘London Has Fallen…
- ‘Big Bad Wolves’ Helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado Exit Bruce Willis ‘Death Wish’ Remake