EXCLUSIVE: Marking her 10-year anniversary at ABC Studios, where she started her writing career in 2004, Jenna Bans has signed a new two-year overall deal with the studio. Bans is the creator/executive producer of ABC’s drama pilot Sea of Fire, from ABC Studios and Sony TV. If the pilot goes to series, she will continue as executive producer/showrunner. For the past seven years, Bans has been one of the most trusted writer/producers of ABC Studios’ top drama creator, Shonda Rhimes. Bans worked on Rhimes’ medical dramas Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice. She has been on Rhimes’ latest series, hot DC drama Scandal, since after the pilot, most recently as consulting producer while working on her pilot. Bans also created and executive produced the ABC/ABC Studios medical drama Off the Map, executive produced by Rhimes. UTA-repped Bans got her break when she was hired as a staff writer on the first season of ABC Studios’ ABC dramedy Desperate Housewives just as she was about to enroll in law school.
Jenna Bans Inks New Overall Deal With ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate