EXCLUSIVE: Marking her 10-year anniversary at ABC Studios, where she started her writing career in 2004, Jenna Bans has signed a new two-year overall deal with the studio. Bans is the creator/executive producer of ABC’s drama pilot Sea of Fire, from ABC Studios and Sony TV. If the pilot goes to series, she will continue as executive producer/showrunner. For the past seven years, Bans has been one of the most trusted writer/producers of ABC Studios’ top drama creator, Shonda Rhimes. Bans worked on Rhimes’ medical dramas Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice. She has been on Rhimes’ latest series, hot DC drama Scandal, since after the pilot, most recently as consulting producer while working on her pilot. Bans also created and executive produced the ABC/ABC Studios medical drama Off the Map, executive produced by Rhimes. UTA-repped Bans got her break when she was hired as a staff writer on the first season of ABC Studios’ ABC dramedy Desperate Housewives just as she was about to enroll in law school.
Jenna Bans Inks New Overall Deal With ABC Studios
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates