It’s a 30 Rock reunion! I’ve learned that 30 Rock alumna Jane Krakowski has joined the cast of upcoming NBC comedy series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, from 30 Rock creator/star/executive producer Tina Fey and executive producer Robert Carlock. Krakowski will recur on the project, starring Ellie Kemper as the wide-eyed Kimmy who, after 15 years of living in a cult, decides it’s time to reclaim her life and heads to New York. Krakowski will play a rich Upper West Side mom who hires Kimmy as a nanny. I hear the casting came together very quickly after Fox last Wednesday opted not to proceed with Krakowski’s comedy pilot Dead Boss. The character only has one scene in the pilot where it was played by Megan Dodds. After swiftly closing a deal with Krakowski, I hear the scene was reshot and will be featured in the trailer for the series at today’s NBC upfront presentation. (The pilot also is expected to undergo other tweaks.) Coincidentally, Krakowski also joined 30 Rock after the pilot, replacing Rachel Dratch. She went on to earn four Emmy nominations for her role. She is with UTA and Brillstein Entertainment.
Jane Krakowski Joins NBC’s Tina Fey-Robert Carlock Comedy Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- DirecTV Picks Up 'Downton Abbey' Parody Series 'The Britishes' From Electus Digital
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'