It’s a 30 Rock reunion! I’ve learned that 30 Rock alumna Jane Krakowski has joined the cast of upcoming NBC comedy series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, from 30 Rock creator/star/executive producer Tina Fey and executive producer Robert Carlock. Krakowski will recur on the project, starring Ellie Kemper as the wide-eyed Kimmy who, after 15 years of living in a cult, decides it’s time to reclaim her life and heads to New York. Krakowski will play a rich Upper West Side mom who hires Kimmy as a nanny. I hear the casting came together very quickly after Fox last Wednesday opted not to proceed with Krakowski’s comedy pilot Dead Boss. The character only has one scene in the pilot where it was played by Megan Dodds. After swiftly closing a deal with Krakowski, I hear the scene was reshot and will be featured in the trailer for the series at today’s NBC upfront presentation. (The pilot also is expected to undergo other tweaks.) Coincidentally, Krakowski also joined 30 Rock after the pilot, replacing Rachel Dratch. She went on to earn four Emmy nominations for her role. She is with UTA and Brillstein Entertainment.
Jane Krakowski Joins NBC’s Tina Fey-Robert Carlock Comedy Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TruTV’s ‘Impractical Jokers’ Cleared In 85% Of U.S.
- Expectation Hires Kirstie Macdonald; DFI Boards ‘Loving Vincent’; Sky, A+E Extend Deal – Global Briefs
- ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’: Mel Rodriguez & Vera Farmiga Join Sci-Fi Anthology Series
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl