DisruptiveLA has acquired U.S. distribution rights on James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D and will release the pic nationwide August 8. Directed by John Bruno, Andrew Wight and Ray Quint, the film chronicles Cameron’s solo voyage in a submersible to the deepest spot on earth — the bottom of the Pacific Ocean’s Mariana Trench. The Oscar-winning filmmaker obtained the footage for the 3D release while filming a National Geographic special on the dive. The film was executed in partnership with National Geographic and Rolex with support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
DisruptiveLA Takes U.S. On ‘James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D’, Sets August Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
'The Good Fight' Premiere: Showrunners On New Streaming Setup, Deleted Trump Scene, Alicia & Eli Possibly Coming Back
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards