DisruptiveLA has acquired U.S. distribution rights on James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D and will release the pic nationwide August 8. Directed by John Bruno, Andrew Wight and Ray Quint, the film chronicles Cameron’s solo voyage in a submersible to the deepest spot on earth — the bottom of the Pacific Ocean’s Mariana Trench. The Oscar-winning filmmaker obtained the footage for the 3D release while filming a National Geographic special on the dive. The film was executed in partnership with National Geographic and Rolex with support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
DisruptiveLA Takes U.S. On ‘James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D’, Sets August Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘Leviathan’ & ‘McMafia’ Actor Under Fire For Anti-Russian Comments; Colleagues Respond
- Gravitas Ventures Grabs ‘Bieber Generation’ Docu; Freestyle Digital Media Acquires ‘Live Or Die In La Honda…
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster