DisruptiveLA has acquired U.S. distribution rights on James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D and will release the pic nationwide August 8. Directed by John Bruno, Andrew Wight and Ray Quint, the film chronicles Cameron’s solo voyage in a submersible to the deepest spot on earth — the bottom of the Pacific Ocean’s Mariana Trench. The Oscar-winning filmmaker obtained the footage for the 3D release while filming a National Geographic special on the dive. The film was executed in partnership with National Geographic and Rolex with support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
DisruptiveLA Takes U.S. On ‘James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D’, Sets August Release Date
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Sony Movie Channel Expands Reach With Suddenlink Deal
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'