DisruptiveLA has acquired U.S. distribution rights on James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D and will release the pic nationwide August 8. Directed by John Bruno, Andrew Wight and Ray Quint, the film chronicles Cameron’s solo voyage in a submersible to the deepest spot on earth — the bottom of the Pacific Ocean’s Mariana Trench. The Oscar-winning filmmaker obtained the footage for the 3D release while filming a National Geographic special on the dive. The film was executed in partnership with National Geographic and Rolex with support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
DisruptiveLA Takes U.S. On ‘James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D’, Sets August Release Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara