Los Angeles-based production company Stun Creative has hired former Mandeville TV president Maria Crenna to run its newly launched production startup Stun Originals that will develop original programming and content for TV and the web. Known for its comedy work in network promos, commercials and branded content, Stun Creative’s new shop will develop original comedy content, but also will extend the company’s footprint into scripted drama, unscripted programming, and limited event series for broadcast, cable and digital networks. Prior to her tenure as President at Mandeville, Crenna served as EVP of CBS Paramount Network Television where she oversaw development and the production of primetime series, including Criminal Minds, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Everybody Hates Chris, and NCIS. Earlier, as EVP of CBS Productions she helped launch CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, Without A Trace, Judging Amy, King Of Queens, and Cold Case. She joined CBS from Warner Bros. TV where she was SVP, Comedy Development. Stun Originals is repped by UTA and Brad Mendelsohn of Circle of Confusion.
Industry Vet Maria Crenna Tapped To Head Indie Production Startup Stun Originals
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: VIDEO
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)
- 'Angry Birds' Movie: Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Josh Gad & More Flock To Voice Cast