Los Angeles-based production company Stun Creative has hired former Mandeville TV president Maria Crenna to run its newly launched production startup Stun Originals that will develop original programming and content for TV and the web. Known for its comedy work in network promos, commercials and branded content, Stun Creative’s new shop will develop original comedy content, but also will extend the company’s footprint into scripted drama, unscripted programming, and limited event series for broadcast, cable and digital networks. Prior to her tenure as President at Mandeville, Crenna served as EVP of CBS Paramount Network Television where she oversaw development and the production of primetime series, including Criminal Minds, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Everybody Hates Chris, and NCIS. Earlier, as EVP of CBS Productions she helped launch CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, Without A Trace, Judging Amy, King Of Queens, and Cold Case. She joined CBS from Warner Bros. TV where she was SVP, Comedy Development. Stun Originals is repped by UTA and Brad Mendelsohn of Circle of Confusion.
Industry Vet Maria Crenna Tapped To Head Indie Production Startup Stun Originals
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016