The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has joined Fox’s newly picked up series Empire as executive producer/showrunner. The soapy family drama, set in the world of a hip-hop empire, was written by The Butler team of Danny Strong and Lee Daniels and directed by Daniels. On the show, from 20th TV and Imagine TV, Chaiken will serve as executive producer alongside Strong, Daniels, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star. Chaiken, repped by WME and 3 Arts, most recently served as executive producer/showrunner of ABC’s The Black Box.
Ilene Chaiken Boards New Fox Series ‘Empire’ As Showrunner
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'