The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has joined Fox’s newly picked up series Empire as executive producer/showrunner. The soapy family drama, set in the world of a hip-hop empire, was written by The Butler team of Danny Strong and Lee Daniels and directed by Daniels. On the show, from 20th TV and Imagine TV, Chaiken will serve as executive producer alongside Strong, Daniels, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star. Chaiken, repped by WME and 3 Arts, most recently served as executive producer/showrunner of ABC’s The Black Box.
Ilene Chaiken Boards New Fox Series ‘Empire’ As Showrunner
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Fox Buys 'Nod' Sci-Fi Drama From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order
- Daniel Dae Kim To Produce Adaptation Of Korean Medical Drama 'Good Doctor' For CBS