The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has joined Fox’s newly picked up series Empire as executive producer/showrunner. The soapy family drama, set in the world of a hip-hop empire, was written by The Butler team of Danny Strong and Lee Daniels and directed by Daniels. On the show, from 20th TV and Imagine TV, Chaiken will serve as executive producer alongside Strong, Daniels, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star. Chaiken, repped by WME and 3 Arts, most recently served as executive producer/showrunner of ABC’s The Black Box.
Ilene Chaiken Boards New Fox Series ‘Empire’ As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'