The L Word creator Ilene Chaiken has joined Fox’s newly picked up series Empire as executive producer/showrunner. The soapy family drama, set in the world of a hip-hop empire, was written by The Butler team of Danny Strong and Lee Daniels and directed by Daniels. On the show, from 20th TV and Imagine TV, Chaiken will serve as executive producer alongside Strong, Daniels, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star. Chaiken, repped by WME and 3 Arts, most recently served as executive producer/showrunner of ABC’s The Black Box.
Ilene Chaiken Boards New Fox Series ‘Empire’ As Showrunner
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs
- Resolution Agent Ian Greenstein Joins Gersh
- CNN Among Several Turner Networks Dropped By Dish In Carriage Dispute
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm