The genre distributor is going all the way with Dan Beers’ teen sex comedy. IFC Midnight has picked up U.S. rights to Premature, which premiered at SXSW. It stars John Karna as a high school senior who, on the day he has to nail his college interview, is forced to relive his failed attempt at losing his virginity over and over again, until he gets it right. Katie Findlay, Craig Roberts, Carlson Young, Adam Riegler co-star in the pic written by Beers and Mathew Harawitz. It was produced by Aaron Ryder and Karen Lunder and executive produced by Glen Basner, Aviv Giladi, Vince Holden and Len Blavatnik. Arianna Bocco, SVP Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films, negotiated the deal with FilmNation Entertainment on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Midnight Buys ‘Premature’ For U.S.
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee