The genre distributor is going all the way with Dan Beers’ teen sex comedy. IFC Midnight has picked up U.S. rights to Premature, which premiered at SXSW. It stars John Karna as a high school senior who, on the day he has to nail his college interview, is forced to relive his failed attempt at losing his virginity over and over again, until he gets it right. Katie Findlay, Craig Roberts, Carlson Young, Adam Riegler co-star in the pic written by Beers and Mathew Harawitz. It was produced by Aaron Ryder and Karen Lunder and executive produced by Glen Basner, Aviv Giladi, Vince Holden and Len Blavatnik. Arianna Bocco, SVP Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films, negotiated the deal with FilmNation Entertainment on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Midnight Buys ‘Premature’ For U.S.
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence
- 'Z Nation' Renewed For Second Season On Syfy
- Warner Bros Shifts 'San Andreas' Release To May 29
- CBS To Launch Classic TV Digital Channel