Elliot Rodger, the 22-year-old son of director Peter Rodger, killed six people and injured seven more in a shooting rampage last night near the UC Santa Barbara campus, it was confirmed to Deadline. He was a student at Santa Barbara City College. In all, 7 are dead, including the shooter. Police report that the younger Rodger drove his black BMW through the streets of Isla Vista business district, a quarter mile from the campus, and shot people. Before the shooting, he uploaded a video on YouTube talking about his plans. Peter Rodger, who worked on Hunger Games as a second unit director, is also a documentary filmmaker — the cast of his 2009 docu film Oh My God included Hugh Jackman, director Baz Luhrmann, Bob Geldof, Seal, Ringo Starr, David Copperfield.
Director’s Son Kills 6, Wounds 7 In Santa Barbara Shooting
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M – B.O. Final
- '22 Jump Street' Being Re-Released Oct. 24th Only Days Before Home Entertainment Launch
- Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
- Hot Reads: DreamWorks' Stacey Snider On 'Lawrence in Arabia' And More
- 'Fury' Box Office Opens To Strong $1.2M; 'Book Of Life' To $300K – Late Nights; Friday Matinees Tumble In
- Former Film Engine's Navid McIIhargey Partners With German Financiers, Acquires First Project 'The Feud'