Elliot Rodger, the 22-year-old son of director Peter Rodger, killed six people and injured seven more in a shooting rampage last night near the UC Santa Barbara campus, it was confirmed to Deadline. He was a student at Santa Barbara City College. In all, 7 are dead, including the shooter. Police report that the younger Rodger drove his black BMW through the streets of Isla Vista business district, a quarter mile from the campus, and shot people. Before the shooting, he uploaded a video on YouTube talking about his plans. Peter Rodger, who worked on Hunger Games as a second unit director, is also a documentary filmmaker — the cast of his 2009 docu film Oh My God included Hugh Jackman, director Baz Luhrmann, Bob Geldof, Seal, Ringo Starr, David Copperfield.
Director’s Son Kills 6, Wounds 7 In Santa Barbara Shooting
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- UPDATE: Box Office End of Summer – Some Profitable Hits In An Overall Blah Season
- Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M+ Cume As Summer Closes Down 14.7% Vs. 2013
- Box Office Preview: 'As Above, So Below' $470K In Late Nights, 'November Man' Weak At Start Of Long Labor Day Holiday
- Box Office Final: 'If I Stay' $15.6M; 'Game' $8.3M; 'Sin City 2′ $6.3M; 'Guardians' Sits Atop With $17.2M
- Toy King Hasbro Film Division Play: Creates New Post After Successful Run
- Movie Tracking In The Toilet: Fix Or Flush?