Elliot Rodger, the 22-year-old son of director Peter Rodger, killed six people and injured seven more in a shooting rampage last night near the UC Santa Barbara campus, it was confirmed to Deadline. He was a student at Santa Barbara City College. In all, 7 are dead, including the shooter. Police report that the younger Rodger drove his black BMW through the streets of Isla Vista business district, a quarter mile from the campus, and shot people. Before the shooting, he uploaded a video on YouTube talking about his plans. Peter Rodger, who worked on Hunger Games as a second unit director, is also a documentary filmmaker — the cast of his 2009 docu film Oh My God included Hugh Jackman, director Baz Luhrmann, Bob Geldof, Seal, Ringo Starr, David Copperfield.
Director’s Son Kills 6, Wounds 7 In Santa Barbara Shooting
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- John Cleese, Tech Startups, 'How Google Works': Michael Shamberg's Hot Reads
- 'Big Hero 6′ Wins B.O. As 'Interstellar' Takes Second; Monday Returns
- 'Kingdom Of Ice', Cormac McCarthy, Strong Dads: ICM's Chris Silbermann
- 'Interstellar' Friday On Par With 'Gravity' In Opening Bow – International B.O.
- 'The Hunger Games' To Go Legit As Lionsgate Aims For Stage Production
- French Say “Bonjour” To 'Interstellar'