The streaming service already has booked original spinoff series from DreamWorks Animation’s Turbo, Madagascar and Puss In Boots, and now it’s bringing the Viking gang in on the action. Netflix said today that it will air new seasons of DreamWorks Dragons, the series spawned by the 2010 hit How To Train Your Dragon that has been airing on Cartoon Network. The new episodes are said to bridge the gap between the first film and next month’s sequel How To Train Your Dragon 2 — from the origin of Hiccup’s new flight suit and the secrets of his dragon blade to the young Viking’s budding romance with Astrid. Jay Baruchel (Hiccup), America Ferrera (Astrid) Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Fishlegs) and TJ Miller (Taffnut) are reprising their voice roles in the films for the TV series, which will be available in all Netflix territories starting in spring 2015.
New Episodes Of Spinoff Series ‘DreamWorks Dragons’ Coming To Netflix
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'