Open Road Films released a full-length trailer to Eli Roth‘s highly anticipated The Green Inferno, opening on Sept. 5. The first teaser last month showed us images of a girl, lost in the Amazon, being prepared for dinner by a local tribesman. Here we see the story in full: A group of privileged New York City college students embarking on a trip to the Amazon in order to save the rain forest, only to realize a little too late (much like those in Roth’s 2007 slasher Hostel 2), they just shoulda stayed home. Based on Ruggero Deodato’s 1980 pulp cinema Cannibal Holocaust, Green Inferno kicks off the fall moviegoing season on September 5 — a hotbed month where horror faves such as the Jeepers Creepers franchise, Insidious Chapter 2 and The Last Exorcism reaped bloody riches.
Hot Trailer: Environmentalists Are On The Menu in Eli Roth’s ‘The Green Inferno’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- Exclusive Venice Clip: The Vibrant Bluegrass Music In Ami Canaan Mann's 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Hot Trailer: Kids' Lives In Danger After Rummaging In Stephen Daldry's 'Trash'
- EMMYS: Sarah Silverman On Pot, Nudity & Nazis
- EMMYS: Backstage With The Winners
- Hot Teaser: Watch Out For The Lollipops On 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'