Open Road Films released a full-length trailer to Eli Roth‘s highly anticipated The Green Inferno, opening on Sept. 5. The first teaser last month showed us images of a girl, lost in the Amazon, being prepared for dinner by a local tribesman. Here we see the story in full: A group of privileged New York City college students embarking on a trip to the Amazon in order to save the rain forest, only to realize a little too late (much like those in Roth’s 2007 slasher Hostel 2), they just shoulda stayed home. Based on Ruggero Deodato’s 1980 pulp cinema Cannibal Holocaust, Green Inferno kicks off the fall moviegoing season on September 5 — a hotbed month where horror faves such as the Jeepers Creepers franchise, Insidious Chapter 2 and The Last Exorcism reaped bloody riches.
Hot Trailer: Environmentalists Are On The Menu in Eli Roth’s ‘The Green Inferno’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- MIPCOM: Kiss' Gene Simmons & Sierra/Engine To Fire Up 'Coliseum'
- VH1 Renews 'Dating Naked' For Second Season
- Behind The Scenes At Deadline's Awardsline TIFF 2014 Studio: Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, Salma Hayek & More
- Ben McKenzie Injured On Set Of 'Gotham', Will Return To Work Monday
- TIFF 2014 In Pictures: Jennifer Aniston, James Franco & More Visit Deadline's Awardsline Studio