CBS Films acquired Daniel Radcliffe romantic comedy What If back in Toronto when it was still going by the title The F Word. The Michael Dowse-directed pic was one of the major buzz acquisition titles at the festival and is getting a U.S. release on August 1. Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan play star-crossed lovers who meet as he’s recovering from a failed relationship and she’s involved with a serious boyfriend. The two then attempt the challenge of merely being friends. Elan Mastai wrote the script. Adam Driver, Rafe Spall, Mackenzie Davis, Megan Park and Oona Chaplin co-star. At present, What If is slated for a handful of international markets, including the UK on August 22.
Hot Trailer: Daniel Radcliffe In ‘What If’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’