CBS Films acquired Daniel Radcliffe romantic comedy What If back in Toronto when it was still going by the title The F Word. The Michael Dowse-directed pic was one of the major buzz acquisition titles at the festival and is getting a U.S. release on August 1. Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan play star-crossed lovers who meet as he’s recovering from a failed relationship and she’s involved with a serious boyfriend. The two then attempt the challenge of merely being friends. Elan Mastai wrote the script. Adam Driver, Rafe Spall, Mackenzie Davis, Megan Park and Oona Chaplin co-star. At present, What If is slated for a handful of international markets, including the UK on August 22.
Hot Trailer: Daniel Radcliffe In ‘What If’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Maggie Smith Hints At ‘Downton Abbey’ Departure
- Combined Endemol Shine Distribution Entity Gets Name; Exec Team Outlined
- ’50 Shades’ Now Uni’s Biggest R-Rated Film Overseas; Nears $500M Global B.O.
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’