Hilary Swank will not sit still for profanity in her house in this clip from Tommy Lee Jones‘ Cannes Competition title The Homesman. Jones helms the western drama that marks his return to the lineup as a director — his feature helming debut, The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada, won prizes in Competition in 2005. Jones, Swank, Hailee Steinfeld, Meryl Streep and James Spader form part of the large cast of The Homesman, an adaptation of Glendon Swarthout’s 1988 novel. When three women are driven insane on the edges of the mid-19th century American frontier, the task of delivering them back east falls to a pious spinster (Swank) who employs a drifter (Jones) to aide in the effort. They cross the untamed Nebraska Territories in a journey marked by stark beauty, constant threat, and psychological peril. Their destination is a church in Iowa where a minister’s wife (Streep) waits to relieve them of the lost souls in their care. Luc Besson is a producer and his EuropaCorp is releasing in France. The Homesman has its official screening on Sunday May 18.
Hot Cannes Clip: Tommy Lee Jones’ ‘The Homesman’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards