After lengthy dealmaking, HBO has closed the deals for a 18-episode straight-to-series order to Vice Principals, a new comedy series from Eastbound & Down creators Danny McBride and Jody Hill. The 18-episode run is expected to split into multiple seasons. Like he did on Eastbound & Down, McBride will be starring in the new series. “Danny McBride and Jody Hill have created a smart, rowdy and unpredictable style of comedy that we can’t get enough of,” said HBO’s Michael Lombardo. “The idea of them setting their minds on high school was irresistible.” Created by McBride and Hill, Vice Principals tells the story of a high school and the people who almost run it: the vice principals, one of them played by McBride. The series had been in the works for about a year, with Lombardo discussing it at last summer’s TCA. Vice Principals is executive produced by McBride, Hill, David Gordon Green and Stephanie Laing, who were also executive producers of Eastbound & Down, which wrapped its four-season run on HBO in November.
HBO Greenlights New Danny McBride Comedy Series ‘Vice Principals’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'