After lengthy dealmaking, HBO has closed the deals for a 18-episode straight-to-series order to Vice Principals, a new comedy series from Eastbound & Down creators Danny McBride and Jody Hill. The 18-episode run is expected to split into multiple seasons. Like he did on Eastbound & Down, McBride will be starring in the new series. “Danny McBride and Jody Hill have created a smart, rowdy and unpredictable style of comedy that we can’t get enough of,” said HBO’s Michael Lombardo. “The idea of them setting their minds on high school was irresistible.” Created by McBride and Hill, Vice Principals tells the story of a high school and the people who almost run it: the vice principals, one of them played by McBride. The series had been in the works for about a year, with Lombardo discussing it at last summer’s TCA. Vice Principals is executive produced by McBride, Hill, David Gordon Green and Stephanie Laing, who were also executive producers of Eastbound & Down, which wrapped its four-season run on HBO in November.
HBO Greenlights New Danny McBride Comedy Series ‘Vice Principals’
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network