Songbird Laura Benanti, who just won raves for her portrayal of Rosabella in the Encores! revival of Frank Loesser’s The Most Happy Fella, and as the fiancee foiled by a problem like Maria in NBC’s hit live telecast of The Sound Of Music, has signed with CAA. Previously she was Tony-nominated as Cinderella in Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine’s Into The Woods and had a run in the short-lived series Playboy Club. She’s rumored to be returning to Broadway, probably next season, in another Golden Age musical revival. Benanti is managed by Emily Gerson Saines at Brookside Artist Management.
‘Happy Fella’ Star Laura Benanti Signs With CAA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Gerard
- New York Film Fest Will World Premiere Laura Poitras' Edward Snowden Docu 'CITIZENFOUR'
- Broadway Box Office: Expanding Roster, New Fall Models Boost Bottom Line
- Carole King Musical 'Beautiful' Recoups $13 Million Broadway Capitalization As Tony Winner Mueller Re-Ups
- Will Beatle Paul Twist & Shout For Broadway-Bound Musical About Unknown Legend Bert Berns, Tunesmith?
- 'American Psycho' Musical Shut Down Ahead Of U.S. Bow
- Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin Debut On Broadway; Off-Broadway 'Booty' Star Is Born