Songbird Laura Benanti, who just won raves for her portrayal of Rosabella in the Encores! revival of Frank Loesser’s The Most Happy Fella, and as the fiancee foiled by a problem like Maria in NBC’s hit live telecast of The Sound Of Music, has signed with CAA. Previously she was Tony-nominated as Cinderella in Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine’s Into The Woods and had a run in the short-lived series Playboy Club. She’s rumored to be returning to Broadway, probably next season, in another Golden Age musical revival. Benanti is managed by Emily Gerson Saines at Brookside Artist Management.
‘Happy Fella’ Star Laura Benanti Signs With CAA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Gerard
- Melissa Rivers Updates Mom's Status
- Garry Marshall's 'Double Indemnity' Play Will Star 'Mad Man' Pete Campbell
- Publishing: Penguin Random House Raises Claire Von Schilling, Praises Stuart Applebaum
- Harvey Weinstein Wants To Give Negatory 'Neverland' Columnist Riedel The Hook
- The Plot Thickens: Will A 'New' Shubert Theater Tower Over Broadway?