Songbird Laura Benanti, who just won raves for her portrayal of Rosabella in the Encores! revival of Frank Loesser’s The Most Happy Fella, and as the fiancee foiled by a problem like Maria in NBC’s hit live telecast of The Sound Of Music, has signed with CAA. Previously she was Tony-nominated as Cinderella in Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine’s Into The Woods and had a run in the short-lived series Playboy Club. She’s rumored to be returning to Broadway, probably next season, in another Golden Age musical revival. Benanti is managed by Emily Gerson Saines at Brookside Artist Management.
‘Happy Fella’ Star Laura Benanti Signs With CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Gerard
- 'Hand To God' Cheerfully Preys On Broadway Apostates – Video First Look
- Andrew Lloyd Webber Will Bring 'School of Rock' Musical To Broadway
- Nathan Lane & Matthew Broderick's Star Power Hastens Broadway Recoupment
- Sting Puffs Up 'Last Ship's Sails To Boost Broadway Box Office
- Sony Hacks, Amy Pascal & Scott Rudin's E-mails: Whose News Is It Anyway?
- On Sony Hack, New York Times Editor Responds To David Boies, Aaron Sorkin