Luis Prieto (Pusher) is directing action thriller Kidnap with Halle Berry starring as a mother who will stop at nothing to rescue her abducted son. Knate Gwaltney wrote the script for the project that’s a female twist on Taken. Di Bonaventura Pictures’ Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Erik Howsam are producing. Lotus Entertainment is handling international sales here in Cannes and CAA, which packaged the project, is repping domestic. Executive producers are Joey Tufaro and Colin Bates, and Claudia Blumhuber and Florian Dargel of Silver Reel along with Lotus’ Bill Johnson, Jim Seibel, D.J. Gugenheim and Ara Keshishian. Berry will also executive produce with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, through their 606 Films. Berry is repped by CAA, Vincent Cirrincione Associates, and attorney Doug Stone with Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder. Prieto is with CAA, and Gwaltney is also repped by CAA and attorney Darren Trattner at Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Cannes: Halle Berry To Star In ‘Kidnap’ For Di Bonaventura Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Before The Flood’ Trailer: Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentary On Climate Change
- ‘Milton’s Secret’ Sneak Peek: First Film Based On An Eckhart Tolle Book Challenges The Young Mind
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- Viola Davis Joins Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?