Luis Prieto (Pusher) is directing action thriller Kidnap with Halle Berry starring as a mother who will stop at nothing to rescue her abducted son. Knate Gwaltney wrote the script for the project that’s a female twist on Taken. Di Bonaventura Pictures’ Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Erik Howsam are producing. Lotus Entertainment is handling international sales here in Cannes and CAA, which packaged the project, is repping domestic. Executive producers are Joey Tufaro and Colin Bates, and Claudia Blumhuber and Florian Dargel of Silver Reel along with Lotus’ Bill Johnson, Jim Seibel, D.J. Gugenheim and Ara Keshishian. Berry will also executive produce with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, through their 606 Films. Berry is repped by CAA, Vincent Cirrincione Associates, and attorney Doug Stone with Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder. Prieto is with CAA, and Gwaltney is also repped by CAA and attorney Darren Trattner at Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Cannes: Halle Berry To Star In ‘Kidnap’ For Di Bonaventura Pictures
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?