Luis Prieto (Pusher) is directing action thriller Kidnap with Halle Berry starring as a mother who will stop at nothing to rescue her abducted son. Knate Gwaltney wrote the script for the project that’s a female twist on Taken. Di Bonaventura Pictures’ Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Erik Howsam are producing. Lotus Entertainment is handling international sales here in Cannes and CAA, which packaged the project, is repping domestic. Executive producers are Joey Tufaro and Colin Bates, and Claudia Blumhuber and Florian Dargel of Silver Reel along with Lotus’ Bill Johnson, Jim Seibel, D.J. Gugenheim and Ara Keshishian. Berry will also executive produce with Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, through their 606 Films. Berry is repped by CAA, Vincent Cirrincione Associates, and attorney Doug Stone with Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder. Prieto is with CAA, and Gwaltney is also repped by CAA and attorney Darren Trattner at Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Cannes: Halle Berry To Star In ‘Kidnap’ For Di Bonaventura Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War