EXCLUSIVE: British actor Gregg Sulkin is heading back across the pond to shoot indie horror Don’t Hang Up. The 21-year-old Disney alum, who co-starred opposite Selena Gomez on Wizards of Waverly Place and recurred on teen drama Pretty Little Liars, currently stars on MTV’s freshman series Faking It. With his episodes in the can Sulkin is diving into Don’t Hang Up, written by Joe Johnson and directed by Damien Mace and Alexis Wajsbrot. Pic is produced by Laurie Cook, Jason Newman and Alexis Wajsbrot. Sulkin stars as Sam, one of two teenagers whose night of drunken prank calls becomes a nightmare when a stranger turns the tables on them. The feature is based on short film Red Balloon and begins filming this month in the UK. Sulkin is repped by UTA and D2 Management.
‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ Alum Gregg Sulkin Dials Up Horror ‘Don’t Hang Up’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'