The indie distributor has picked up North American rights to the feature ahead of its June 5 world premiere at the Seattle International Film Festival. Gravitas Ventures plans an August 1 theatrical release for 4 Minute Mile, with a pre-theatrical window starting July 1. Kelly Blatz stars as Drew, a high school student struggling to overcome the inner-city surroundings that threaten to imprison him. An ex-track coach (Richard Jenkins) with his own demons witnesses Drew’s speed and athleticism and decides to train him. But tragedy strikes right before the biggest race of Drew’s life and forces him to confront everything that has been holding him back. Cam Gigandet, Rhys Coiro, Analeigh Tipton and Kim Basinger co-star in the pic from director Charles-Olivier Michaud, making his English-language debut. Jeff Van Wie and Josh Campbell wrote the script. The deal was negotiated by Melanie Miller for Gravitas and Jay Cohen at Gersh on behalf of the filmmakers.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Inspirational Sports Pic ‘4 Minute Mile’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions