The indie distributor has picked up North American rights to the feature ahead of its June 5 world premiere at the Seattle International Film Festival. Gravitas Ventures plans an August 1 theatrical release for 4 Minute Mile, with a pre-theatrical window starting July 1. Kelly Blatz stars as Drew, a high school student struggling to overcome the inner-city surroundings that threaten to imprison him. An ex-track coach (Richard Jenkins) with his own demons witnesses Drew’s speed and athleticism and decides to train him. But tragedy strikes right before the biggest race of Drew’s life and forces him to confront everything that has been holding him back. Cam Gigandet, Rhys Coiro, Analeigh Tipton and Kim Basinger co-star in the pic from director Charles-Olivier Michaud, making his English-language debut. Jeff Van Wie and Josh Campbell wrote the script. The deal was negotiated by Melanie Miller for Gravitas and Jay Cohen at Gersh on behalf of the filmmakers.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Inspirational Sports Pic ‘4 Minute Mile’
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller