Tonight’s season finale of Legit will be the FXX comedy’s swan song. FX Networks confirmed today that the sophomore comedy starring Jim Jefferies has been canceled along with the FX freshman animated series Chozen. FX Networks CEO John Landgraf said last month that FX and FXX would be doubling their original output in the next year and that the fate of Legit and Chozen would be decided after their current seasons. Chozen wrapped its 10-episode run March 31. Legit was renewed for Season 2 in March 2013, along with fellow FX comedies It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia and The League, and all three were moved to the fledgling FXX, along with late-night talker Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell, which has since been cancelled. Legit followed the often often raunchy adventures of Jefferies, an expat Aussie comedian living in Venice, CA, with his boozy, divorced best friend Steve (Dan Bakkedahl) and Steve’s kid brother Billy (DJ Qualls), a quadraplegic with MS. Chozen, about a gay white rapper (voiced by Bobby Moynihan) who’s fresh out of prison, was from Danny McBride — whose Eastbound & Down recently wrapped a four-season run on HBO — and his Rough Pictures partners Jody Hill and David Gordon Green. Chozen was the first original series order for FXX back in June.
FXX’s ‘Legit’ & FX’s ‘Chozen’ Cancelled
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest TV News
- ‘The Oath’ Renewed For Season 2 By Sony Crackle
- Viacom's Channel 5 Aims To Lift The Curse Of ‘The New Wife’ By Handing ITV Studios New Casting Challenge
- ‘Big Brother’ Commissioner Steve Regan Set To Leave Viacom’s UK Net Channel 5
- Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special”
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series