Back when Fox’s 24 first hit the scene in 2001, the DVR was barely a burgeoning technology for consumers and a very rarely used acronym. Today DVRs are one of the major factors in TV viewing and a big boost to the 24: Live Another Day limited event series. With the Live+7 numbers in for the May 5 premiere of the 12-episode run, Jack Bauer truly is back, to paraphrase Fox’s social media tagline. The 2-hour debut of 24: LAD rose 42% from its Live+Same Day result of 2.6/8 to a 3.7/11 among Adults 18-49. Telling of the power of digital afterlife and changing viewing patterns nowadays, that’s much better that the January 17, 2010 Season 8 premiere of 24 did in Live+7. That premiere saw an 18% rise to 4.6/11 from its Live+SD 3.9/10 result. Compared to other Fox drama debuts’ Live+7 results, 24:LAD‘s demo rise is almost perfectly between those of Sleepy Hollow and The Following. The former’s September 16, 2013 premiere went up 59% to 5.1/12 while the latter’s January 21, 2013 Season 1 opener which saw a 27% gain to 5.6/15. Now in its fourth week, 24: LAD wraps up its run on July 14.
Fox’s ‘24: Live Another Day’ Debut Gets Big DVR Boost In Live+7
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline