Back when Fox’s 24 first hit the scene in 2001, the DVR was barely a burgeoning technology for consumers and a very rarely used acronym. Today DVRs are one of the major factors in TV viewing and a big boost to the 24: Live Another Day limited event series. With the Live+7 numbers in for the May 5 premiere of the 12-episode run, Jack Bauer truly is back, to paraphrase Fox’s social media tagline. The 2-hour debut of 24: LAD rose 42% from its Live+Same Day result of 2.6/8 to a 3.7/11 among Adults 18-49. Telling of the power of digital afterlife and changing viewing patterns nowadays, that’s much better that the January 17, 2010 Season 8 premiere of 24 did in Live+7. That premiere saw an 18% rise to 4.6/11 from its Live+SD 3.9/10 result. Compared to other Fox drama debuts’ Live+7 results, 24:LAD‘s demo rise is almost perfectly between those of Sleepy Hollow and The Following. The former’s September 16, 2013 premiere went up 59% to 5.1/12 while the latter’s January 21, 2013 Season 1 opener which saw a 27% gain to 5.6/15. Now in its fourth week, 24: LAD wraps up its run on July 14.
Fox’s ‘24: Live Another Day’ Debut Gets Big DVR Boost In Live+7
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network
- Benedict Cumberbatch Calls Martin Freeman’s ‘Sherlock’ Criticisms “Pathetic”