Focus Features, eOne, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Blumhouse Productions has set original Saw and Insidious writer Leigh Whannell to direct Insidious: Chapter 3. The fright franchise originated at FilmDistrict and was absorbed by Focus when Peter Schlessel took the reins. Whannell, who wrote and acted in the first two Insidious pics, will be making his directorial debut on Chapter 3. Pic will come out April 3, 2015.
Focus Taps Leigh Whannell For ‘Insidious 3′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start