Focus Features has acquired U.S. rights to London Has Fallen, the sequel to last year’s White House action hit Olympus Has Fallen. Focus plans a nationwide release on October 2, 2015, pitting the film against Fox’s Frankenstein. Olympus star Gerard Butler returns for the sequel penned by Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt and Christian Gudegast. Round 2 picks up in London, where the British Prime Minister has died under mysterious circumstances. His funeral is a must-attend event for leaders of the Western world. But what starts out as the most protected event on the planet turns into a deadly plot to kill the world’s most powerful leaders. Only three people have any hope of stopping it: POTUS, his formidable Secret Service head (Butler), and an English MI-6 agent who trusts no one. Butler is producing along with Alan Siegel, Mark Gill, Matt O’Toole, and Heidi Jo Markel. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson, Christine Crow, and Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel will executive produce. Olympus Has Fallen was released on March 22, 2013, by FilmDistrict, the U.S. distrib led by Peter Schlessel before he was named Focus CEO in October. The film earned $98.9 million at the domestic box office.
Focus Features Dates ‘Olympus’ Sequel ‘London Has Fallen’ For October 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Latest Film News
- NBCU Intl Acquires ‘The Outpost’ For Syfy; IQiyi Advancing On IPO – Global Briefs
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- Arnold Schwarzenegger “Shocked” About Eliza Dushku’s ‘True Lies’ Allegations, Calls Her “So Courageous”…
- Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams “Reprehensible Smokescreen” – Update
- ‘The Trade’: Exclusive Look At Showtime’s Opioid Epidemic Docuseries Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl