Apparently it’s a little too risqué for the MPAA. The Hollywood studios’ trade group has voiced its disapproval of the poster for the upcoming sequel Sin City: A Dame To Kill For that features Eva Green draped in a strategically placed sheer white gown. We’re told it was nixed “for nudity — curve of under breast and dark nipple/areola circle visible through sheer gown.” It’s not unusual for the MPAA to weigh in this way, and we hear the association is working on a compromise with the filmmakers. Dimension Films had no comment but confirmed that the poster was being reworked. Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For opens August 22.
Eva Green’s ‘Sin City’ Poster Too Sexy For The MPAA
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way