Apparently it’s a little too risqué for the MPAA. The Hollywood studios’ trade group has voiced its disapproval of the poster for the upcoming sequel Sin City: A Dame To Kill For that features Eva Green draped in a strategically placed sheer white gown. We’re told it was nixed “for nudity — curve of under breast and dark nipple/areola circle visible through sheer gown.” It’s not unusual for the MPAA to weigh in this way, and we hear the association is working on a compromise with the filmmakers. Dimension Films had no comment but confirmed that the poster was being reworked. Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For opens August 22.
Eva Green’s ‘Sin City’ Poster Too Sexy For The MPAA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'