Apparently it’s a little too risqué for the MPAA. The Hollywood studios’ trade group has voiced its disapproval of the poster for the upcoming sequel Sin City: A Dame To Kill For that features Eva Green draped in a strategically placed sheer white gown. We’re told it was nixed “for nudity — curve of under breast and dark nipple/areola circle visible through sheer gown.” It’s not unusual for the MPAA to weigh in this way, and we hear the association is working on a compromise with the filmmakers. Dimension Films had no comment but confirmed that the poster was being reworked. Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For opens August 22.
Eva Green’s ‘Sin City’ Poster Too Sexy For The MPAA
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency