Sara Colangelo’s directorial debut Little Accidents, which premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival, has been picked up by Variance Films and GoDigital’s new distribution banner Amplify. Elizabeth Banks leads the cast as Diane, the mother of a teenage boy who goes missing in their Appalachian coal-mining town. Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Lofland, Josh Lucas, and Chloë Sevigny also star in the pic written and helmed by Colangelo and adapted from the filmmaker’s own 2010 short of the same name. The Maiden Voyage Pictures, Archer Gray Productions, TideRock Media, Soaring Flight Productions, and Mindsmack Productions film was produced by Anne Carey, Jason Michael Berman, Thomas B. Fore, and Summer Shelton. Chris Columbus, Amy Nauiokas, Eleanor Columbus, Ruth Mutch, Richard Loughran, Kwesi Collisson, Mike Feuer, and Todd Feuer are exec producers. The Amplify deal covers U.S. rights and was negotiated by Amplify’s Kent Sanderson and WME repping the filmmakers.
Elizabeth Banks Sundance Starrer ‘Little Accidents’ Acquired By Amplify
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Yamato
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
- Lionsgate's Codeblack Inks First-Look Deal With Datari Turner
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller 'Preservation'