Sara Colangelo’s directorial debut Little Accidents, which premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival, has been picked up by Variance Films and GoDigital’s new distribution banner Amplify. Elizabeth Banks leads the cast as Diane, the mother of a teenage boy who goes missing in their Appalachian coal-mining town. Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Lofland, Josh Lucas, and Chloë Sevigny also star in the pic written and helmed by Colangelo and adapted from the filmmaker’s own 2010 short of the same name. The Maiden Voyage Pictures, Archer Gray Productions, TideRock Media, Soaring Flight Productions, and Mindsmack Productions film was produced by Anne Carey, Jason Michael Berman, Thomas B. Fore, and Summer Shelton. Chris Columbus, Amy Nauiokas, Eleanor Columbus, Ruth Mutch, Richard Loughran, Kwesi Collisson, Mike Feuer, and Todd Feuer are exec producers. The Amplify deal covers U.S. rights and was negotiated by Amplify’s Kent Sanderson and WME repping the filmmakers.
Elizabeth Banks Sundance Starrer ‘Little Accidents’ Acquired By Amplify
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'
- Lionsgate Horror Hit 'Saw' Set For 10th Anniversary Re-release
- Walden Media, TWC Pledge Partial 'Giver' Proceeds To Literacy
- 'Nightcrawler' To Close Fantastic Fest 2014; 'John Wick' Joins Lineup
- Samuel Goldwyn To Help Kirk Cameron “Put Christ Back Into Christmas”