Hollywood has increasingly been turning up at awards ceremonies, groundbreakings and on promotional tours in China in an effort to further connect with the world’s 2nd largest box office territory. Next month, the Huading Film Awards will see Chinese stars come to Hollywood to rub shoulders and honor the global film industry as well as the home market. Don Mischer Productions, along with Beijing-based Global Talents Media Group, is producing the stage show in the U.S. for the first time. The bilingual show will be recorded at the Ricardo Montalban Theater on June 1 and will be broadcast in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and on the International Chinese Network. Organizers say it is expected to reach an audience of up to 600M viewers on more than 60 TV channels in China, with an additional 400M viewers projected online. The Huading Film Awards are selected by the Chinese public who vote for separate prizes for Chinese and global films, including Movie of the Year, Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Original Song, Emerging Actor/Actress, Animated Film, Costume Design, and a single Lifetime Achievement award. Last October, Hollywood stars including Nicole Kidman, Nicolas Cage, Quentin Tarantino, Michelle Dockery, Matthew Perry, Jeremy Irons and Sam Worthington appeared in Macau for the Huading Celebrity Image Awards which Mischer also co-produced. Organizers promise leading global and Chinese talent for the June event.
Don Mischer To Produce China Film Awards Show In Hollywood; 600M Viewers Projected
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Awardsline News
- What Oscar’s Best Picture Snafu Spells For ‘Moonlight’ & ‘La La Land’ At The B.O.; There’s A…
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)