AMC Studios is looking for a new director to helm AMC drama pilot Knifeman after The Book Thief director Brian Percival, tapped for the job in March, had to pull out for personal reasons. Based on Wendy Moore’s John Hunter biography The Knife Man: Blood, Body Snatching And The Birth Of Modern Surgery, Knifeman centers on a charming, arrogant surgeon who robs graves and harvests organs in 18th century London. Rolin Jones wrote the pilot, which he developed with Ron Fitzgerald; both exec produce. Percival won an Emmy for directing the pilot episode of hit period British drama Downton Abbey.
Director Brian Percival Exits AMC Pilot ‘Knifeman’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess