AMC Studios is looking for a new director to helm AMC drama pilot Knifeman after The Book Thief director Brian Percival, tapped for the job in March, had to pull out for personal reasons. Based on Wendy Moore’s John Hunter biography The Knife Man: Blood, Body Snatching And The Birth Of Modern Surgery, Knifeman centers on a charming, arrogant surgeon who robs graves and harvests organs in 18th century London. Rolin Jones wrote the pilot, which he developed with Ron Fitzgerald; both exec produce. Percival won an Emmy for directing the pilot episode of hit period British drama Downton Abbey.
Director Brian Percival Exits AMC Pilot ‘Knifeman’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate