The World Memory Championships, USA Memory Championships and dick clark productions are teaming up to produce a TV special based on the greatest test of memory in the world. Last year’s World Memory Championships, held in Croydon, South London, featured 120 mental athletes from 32 countries competing in 10 different disciplines over three days. The USA National Memory Championship’s 17th annual Championship event took place in March in New York City. Mike Mahan, president of dick clark productions says of the special: “The production will combine the enormous wow factor of watching these mental athletes perform with unique challenges for home audiences, creating a heart-pounding family-friendly event special.” Allen Shapiro, Mike Mahan, Barry Adelman, Richard Kaufman Lynn Williams and Raymond Keene will executive produce. Marshall Tarley and Anthony Dottino from the USA Memory Championship will serve as co-executive producers.
Dick Clark Prods. Partners With World Memory Championships For TV Special
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production