Nearly 600 DGA members packed the guild’s LA headquarters Tuesday night for their annual membership meeting. They heard reports from their officers and board members about the DGA’s operations, finances, new film and TV contract, and legislative efforts to combat runaway production. The press, of course, was not allowed to attend the meeting, but members leaving the DGA Theater painted an upbeat picture of the state of the union. “Everything’s good,” said one member. “It’s good,” said another. “The guild is good.” Said a third: “We’ve got more money that we thought we had!” The latest numbers have not been made public, but for the fiscal year ended December 31, a financial report the guild files with the Department of Labor shows that it had $79.3 million in total assets, $26.8 million in total liabilities, $58 million in total receipts, and $58.8 million in total disbursements. The report also showed that the DGA, with 15,473 members, laid out $624,962 last year on “political activities and lobbying.” Most of that was spent on legislative and governmental efforts to stem the tide of runaway production.
DGA Members Upbeat About Finances, State Of The Union After Annual Meeting & Report
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…