The second season of ITV‘s hit drama Broadchurch is gearing up to shoot in Dorset, England. With that, the network and the series producers have now confirmed the returning cast. David Tennant will reprise his role as Detective Alec Hardy and Olivia Colman will be back as Detective Ellie Miller. Jodie Whittaker and Andrew Buchan, who play the parents of murdered schoolboy Danny Latimer, are also returning as is Arthur Darvill as local vicar Paul Coates. As with the first season, secrecy shrouds the plot of S2. Creator Chris Chibnall is exec producing for Imaginary Friends and Jane Featherstone is exec producer on behalf of Kudos. Richard Stokes is back as producer, and James Strong, who directed five episodes of the first season, will helm episodes 1 and 2 of the new series. ITV Director of Drama Steve November said today, “We’re delighted Broadchurch is back in production, but we’re remaining tight-lipped about how the story develops. Suffice to say Chris has delivered as always and the scripts are just as exciting as the first series.” Last year Broadchurch kept UK viewers riveted averaging over 9M viewers. The series became the most watched weekday drama since 2004 and the finale was met with anticipation worthy of “Who shot J.R.?” comparisons. Tennant is starring in Fox’s event series Gracepoint, the U.S. remake of Broadchurch.
David Tennant, Olivia Colman Confirmed For ‘Broadchurch’ Season Two On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest International News
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims
- ‘Glee’ Actor Matthew Morrison Outraged Over Treatment Of Dog On His Chinese Movie ‘Crazy Alien’
- ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?’ Cheating Scandal Stage Play ‘Quiz’ Being Remade For Television By Left…
- Anna Maxwell Martin, David Wilmot, Vicky McClure & Daniel Mays To Front BBC IRA Bombing Drama