Entertainment One North American Flms President David Reckziegel is leaving the company. The exec is departing to launch a new venture that will provide financing and advisory services to media and entertainment companies. Reckziegel started in the film distribution business in 1999 when he co-founded indie Les Film Séville with partner John Hamilton. In 2007, it was acquired by eOne. Reckziegel later became eOne Films Canada co-president and in 2011 took his current post overseeing Canadian and U.S. film distribution. Patrice Théroux, who leads eOne’s global film business, said Les Films Séville was “the foundation of eOne’s entire Canadian film business… David built a remarkable team and led our North American film business through a transformative period which brought significant change to our U.S. film activities. He also led the integration of Alliance and several other distribution entities with Séville to form eOne’s current Canadian distribution business. We thank him for his leadership, dedication and passion throughout the years.” Reckziegel, who also has an M&A and investment background, added, “This is a bittersweet time for me personally. I’m excited to launch a new venture that combines what I’ve learned over the past 25 plus years in the entertainment and investment banking businesses. I am extremely proud to have been part of eOne’s dramatic growth since 2007 and of what my teams and I have accomplished together, but I know in my gut that it’s the right time for me to conquer new challenges in my career. I leave the company in the very capable hands of our current business leaders.” A successor has not been named. Reckziegel’s departure is effective May 31.
David Reckziegel To Exit eOne, Will Launch Media Finance Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First