Fox is fast-tracking the pic now that the Man Of Steel and Dark Knight trilogy veteran is aboard. David S. Goyer will write a treatment for Lightstorm Entertainment’s remake of Fantastic Voyage and executive produce alongside James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini. The 1966 camp classic followed a group of scientists who are reduced to microscopic size inside a submarine and injected into the body of an sick colleague. The Cold War-era pic starred Steven Welch, Raquel Welch and Donald Pleasance. The updated version will take on a new dimension. Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr first reported on the remake more than three years ago, when Shawn Levy was attached to direct, and we got an update about eight months later. But there’s been radio silence since. Now Fox is eyeing Fantastic Voyage — no relation to the Coolio hit for you old-schoolers, or the Lakeside classic for you graybeards — as a tentpole. No release date is set. Goyer is busy producing Sandman for Warner Bros, and created and writes for Da Vinci’s Demons, which is in its second season on Starz.
David S. Goyer Along For The Ride On James Cameron’s ‘Fantastic Voyage’ Redo
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong Un' Targets Christmas Shoppers: 'Weekend Update'
- Mike Myers' Dr. Evil Advises Sony, Kim Jong Un On 'SNL'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists