Fox is fast-tracking the pic now that the Man Of Steel and Dark Knight trilogy veteran is aboard. David S. Goyer will write a treatment for Lightstorm Entertainment’s remake of Fantastic Voyage and executive produce alongside James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini. The 1966 camp classic followed a group of scientists who are reduced to microscopic size inside a submarine and injected into the body of an sick colleague. The Cold War-era pic starred Steven Welch, Raquel Welch and Donald Pleasance. The updated version will take on a new dimension. Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr first reported on the remake more than three years ago, when Shawn Levy was attached to direct, and we got an update about eight months later. But there’s been radio silence since. Now Fox is eyeing Fantastic Voyage — no relation to the Coolio hit for you old-schoolers, or the Lakeside classic for you graybeards — as a tentpole. No release date is set. Goyer is busy producing Sandman for Warner Bros, and created and writes for Da Vinci’s Demons, which is in its second season on Starz.
David S. Goyer Along For The Ride On James Cameron’s ‘Fantastic Voyage’ Redo
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV