Fox is fast-tracking the pic now that the Man Of Steel and Dark Knight trilogy veteran is aboard. David S. Goyer will write a treatment for Lightstorm Entertainment’s remake of Fantastic Voyage and executive produce alongside James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini. The 1966 camp classic followed a group of scientists who are reduced to microscopic size inside a submarine and injected into the body of an sick colleague. The Cold War-era pic starred Steven Welch, Raquel Welch and Donald Pleasance. The updated version will take on a new dimension. Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr first reported on the remake more than three years ago, when Shawn Levy was attached to direct, and we got an update about eight months later. But there’s been radio silence since. Now Fox is eyeing Fantastic Voyage — no relation to the Coolio hit for you old-schoolers, or the Lakeside classic for you graybeards — as a tentpole. No release date is set. Goyer is busy producing Sandman for Warner Bros, and created and writes for Da Vinci’s Demons, which is in its second season on Starz.
David S. Goyer Along For The Ride On James Cameron’s ‘Fantastic Voyage’ Redo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom