Craig Zisk has stepped in to direct AMC drama pilot Knifeman after Brian Percival pulled out last week for personal reasons. I hear Zisk is already in London working in the pilot. Based on Wendy Moore’s John Hunter biography The Knife Man: Blood, Body Snatching And The Birth Of Modern Surgery, Knifeman centers on a charming, arrogant surgeon who robs graves and harvests organs in 18th century London. Rolin Jones wrote the pilot, which he developed with Ron Fitzgerald; both exec produce. Zisk, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Jared Levine, directed two broadcast comedy pilots this season, ABC’s An American Education and NBC’s Two to Go. He also was a co-executive producer/director on Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Zisk’s drama credits include FX’s American Horror Story and Nip/Tuck.
Craig Zisk To Direct AMC Pilot ‘Knifeman’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive