Craig Zisk has stepped in to direct AMC drama pilot Knifeman after Brian Percival pulled out last week for personal reasons. I hear Zisk is already in London working in the pilot. Based on Wendy Moore’s John Hunter biography The Knife Man: Blood, Body Snatching And The Birth Of Modern Surgery, Knifeman centers on a charming, arrogant surgeon who robs graves and harvests organs in 18th century London. Rolin Jones wrote the pilot, which he developed with Ron Fitzgerald; both exec produce. Zisk, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Jared Levine, directed two broadcast comedy pilots this season, ABC’s An American Education and NBC’s Two to Go. He also was a co-executive producer/director on Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Zisk’s drama credits include FX’s American Horror Story and Nip/Tuck.
Craig Zisk To Direct AMC Pilot ‘Knifeman’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'