After guest-starring in the pilot, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena and Andrew Stewart-Jones have been promoted to regulars on Fox’s Batman prequel Gotham. Based on DC characters from the Batman universe, the hourlong drama series explores the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) as an idealistic rookie detective in Gotham City, along with Bruce Wayne and the villains who made Gotham City famous. Smith plays Edward Nygma,the DC Comics character destined to become future supervillain The Riddler. Nygma is a brilliant but socially awkward forensic scientist who’s eccentric and outgoing and desperate to be liked. Cartagena, repped by Gersh and Sweet 180, and Stewart-Jones, both play detectives in the major crimes unit of the Gotham Police Department, Renee Montoya and Crispus Allen, respectively. Donal Logue, Jada Pinkett Smith, Zabryna Guevara, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, and Camren Bicondova also star.
Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena & Andrew Stewart-Jones Upped To Regulars On Fox’s New Batman Drama ‘Gotham’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips