Connie Britton is the latest to join the cast of Lionsgate’s American Ultra, the action comedy starring Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart that recently kicked off production. Eisenberg plays a seemingly hapless and unmotivated small-town stoner who is actually a highly trained, lethal sleeper agent in a government program. That program was created by Victoria Lasseter (Britton). Topher Grace, Tony Hale, John Leguizamo, Bill Pullman and Walton Goggins also star. Nima Nourizadeh is directing a script by Chronicle‘s Max Landis. The PalmStar/Likely Story/Circle of Confusion production is produced by Anthony Bregman, Kevin Frakes, Raj Brinder Singh, David Alpert and Britton Rizzio. Ray Angelic is executive producer. Britton, repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment, earned Emmy and Golden Globe noms for her role on ABC’s Nashville and an Emmy nom for American Horror Story. On the film side, she’s up next in This Is Where I Leave You opposite Jason Bateman, Tiny Fey and Adam Driver.
Connie Britton Joins ‘American Ultra’
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It