Connie Britton is the latest to join the cast of Lionsgate’s American Ultra, the action comedy starring Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart that recently kicked off production. Eisenberg plays a seemingly hapless and unmotivated small-town stoner who is actually a highly trained, lethal sleeper agent in a government program. That program was created by Victoria Lasseter (Britton). Topher Grace, Tony Hale, John Leguizamo, Bill Pullman and Walton Goggins also star. Nima Nourizadeh is directing a script by Chronicle‘s Max Landis. The PalmStar/Likely Story/Circle of Confusion production is produced by Anthony Bregman, Kevin Frakes, Raj Brinder Singh, David Alpert and Britton Rizzio. Ray Angelic is executive producer. Britton, repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment, earned Emmy and Golden Globe noms for her role on ABC’s Nashville and an Emmy nom for American Horror Story. On the film side, she’s up next in This Is Where I Leave You opposite Jason Bateman, Tiny Fey and Adam Driver.
Connie Britton Joins ‘American Ultra’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises