Universal TV has locked in one of the key writer-producers on its NBC drama Chicago Fire. The studio has signed an overall deal with Andrea Newman, who has served as co-executive producer on the firefighter drama since after the pilot. Under the pact, Newman will continue as co-exec producer on Chicago Fire while also developing other projects. Because of a shortage of experienced, senior level drama writer-producers, the studios have been particularly aggressive this year in pursuing seasoned scribes. Newman, repped by ICM Partners and Jeff Frankel, has worked on such series as The Secret Circle, Human Target, Private Practice, Cold Case, 24 and Felicity.
‘Chicago Fire’ Writer-Producer Andrea Newman Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'