Universal TV has locked in one of the key writer-producers on its NBC drama Chicago Fire. The studio has signed an overall deal with Andrea Newman, who has served as co-executive producer on the firefighter drama since after the pilot. Under the pact, Newman will continue as co-exec producer on Chicago Fire while also developing other projects. Because of a shortage of experienced, senior level drama writer-producers, the studios have been particularly aggressive this year in pursuing seasoned scribes. Newman, repped by ICM Partners and Jeff Frankel, has worked on such series as The Secret Circle, Human Target, Private Practice, Cold Case, 24 and Felicity.
‘Chicago Fire’ Writer-Producer Andrea Newman Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21