This one had been talked about for a while, with Channing Tatum saying he wanted to play a superhero and that Gambit would be perfect (they’re both Southerners). At the MTV Movie Awards earlier this spring he confirmed he’d had a meeting with X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner over just that. Now it looks like this is getting serious, after Shuler Donner talked up Tatum as Gambit to Total Film at the red carpet before the London premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past. No word yet on whether this is a stand-alone pic.
‘X-Men’ Producer Confirms Channing Tatum As Gambit
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82