HBO‘s long-gestating six-hour miniseries Lewis And Clark has taken a big step towards fruition with the casting of Oscar-nominated Casey Affleck (The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford) as Lewis. Lewis And Clark, executive produced by Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt and Gary Goetzman, is based on the book Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose. It tells the story of America’s first contact with the land and native tribes of the country west of the Mississippi River. It chronicles the epic journey of the Corps of Discovery and its captains Meriwether Lewis (Affleck) and William Clark traversing uncharted territory on a mission to deliver President Jefferson’s message of sovereignty as they search for his fabled all-water route to the Pacific. Lewis And Clark, from HBO and National Geographic Entertainment, is produced by Playtone, in association with Pitt’s Plan B and Class 5. Dede Gardner and Edward Norton also are executive producers. John Curran directs and co-wrote, along with Norton and Michelle Ashford. WME-repped Affleck can next be seen opposite Jessica Chastain in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar.
Casey Affleck To Star In HBO Miniseries ‘Lewis And Clark’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive