HBO‘s long-gestating six-hour miniseries Lewis And Clark has taken a big step towards fruition with the casting of Oscar-nominated Casey Affleck (The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford) as Lewis. Lewis And Clark, executive produced by Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt and Gary Goetzman, is based on the book Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose. It tells the story of America’s first contact with the land and native tribes of the country west of the Mississippi River. It chronicles the epic journey of the Corps of Discovery and its captains Meriwether Lewis (Affleck) and William Clark traversing uncharted territory on a mission to deliver President Jefferson’s message of sovereignty as they search for his fabled all-water route to the Pacific. Lewis And Clark, from HBO and National Geographic Entertainment, is produced by Playtone, in association with Pitt’s Plan B and Class 5. Dede Gardner and Edward Norton also are executive producers. John Curran directs and co-wrote, along with Norton and Michelle Ashford. WME-repped Affleck can next be seen opposite Jessica Chastain in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar.
Casey Affleck To Star In HBO Miniseries ‘Lewis And Clark’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot