EXCLUSIVE: Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, the guys behind such parodies as The Starving Games, Date Movie, Meet The Spartans and Vampires Suck, are sending up yet another franchise. The duo will co-write and direct Who The F#@k Took My Daughter? a spoof of the Liam Neeson-starring series of box office hits. Friedberg and Seltzer’s take on Taken will focus on Ryan Miller, described as “a tough, no nonsense, black leather jacket-wearing Liam Neeson type,” whose daughter is kidnapped. Using his “particular set of skills,” Miller will hunt down the abductors and rescue the girl. Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur’s K5 International is selling the project here in Cannes. Peter Safran of The Safran Company is again collaborating with the filmmakers to produce and finance the comedy. Friedberg and Seltzer were both writers on Scary Movie and Spy Hard. They got into the spoof business on their own with 2006’s Date Movie and since then their films have taken in over $350M in worldwide box office. Their last theatrical release was 2013’s Starving Games.
Cannes: Spoof Specialists Take On ‘Taken’ With ‘Who The F#@k Took My Daughter?’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…