EXCLUSIVE: Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, the guys behind such parodies as The Starving Games, Date Movie, Meet The Spartans and Vampires Suck, are sending up yet another franchise. The duo will co-write and direct Who The F#@k Took My Daughter? a spoof of the Liam Neeson-starring series of box office hits. Friedberg and Seltzer’s take on Taken will focus on Ryan Miller, described as “a tough, no nonsense, black leather jacket-wearing Liam Neeson type,” whose daughter is kidnapped. Using his “particular set of skills,” Miller will hunt down the abductors and rescue the girl. Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur’s K5 International is selling the project here in Cannes. Peter Safran of The Safran Company is again collaborating with the filmmakers to produce and finance the comedy. Friedberg and Seltzer were both writers on Scary Movie and Spy Hard. They got into the spoof business on their own with 2006’s Date Movie and since then their films have taken in over $350M in worldwide box office. Their last theatrical release was 2013’s Starving Games.
Cannes: Spoof Specialists Take On ‘Taken’ With ‘Who The F#@k Took My Daughter?’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente