It’s been a long time coming, but the Cannes Film Festival, which kicks off tomorrow, has now officially outlined its closing-night festivities. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Spaghetti Western in 1964, the festival will screen a newly restored 4K version of Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars. Leone acolyte and Cannes festival favorite Quentin Tarantino will host the event which is set to take place on Saturday, May 24 after the main prize ceremony. The restoration of the classic film which introduced Clint Eastwood as the Man with No Name was undertaken by the Cineteca di Bologna and the movie’s original producer and distributor, Unidis Jolly Film, with the involvement of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and Martin Scorsese’s Film Foundation.
Cannes: Quentin Tarantino To Host Closing-Night Screening Of Sergio Leone’s ‘A Fistful Of Dollars’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster
- Oscars: Third Group Of Presenters Includes Cate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan & Louis C.K.
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place – Berlin
- Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions