It’s been a long time coming, but the Cannes Film Festival, which kicks off tomorrow, has now officially outlined its closing-night festivities. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Spaghetti Western in 1964, the festival will screen a newly restored 4K version of Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars. Leone acolyte and Cannes festival favorite Quentin Tarantino will host the event which is set to take place on Saturday, May 24 after the main prize ceremony. The restoration of the classic film which introduced Clint Eastwood as the Man with No Name was undertaken by the Cineteca di Bologna and the movie’s original producer and distributor, Unidis Jolly Film, with the involvement of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and Martin Scorsese’s Film Foundation.
Cannes: Quentin Tarantino To Host Closing-Night Screening Of Sergio Leone’s ‘A Fistful Of Dollars’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More