It’s been a long time coming, but the Cannes Film Festival, which kicks off tomorrow, has now officially outlined its closing-night festivities. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Spaghetti Western in 1964, the festival will screen a newly restored 4K version of Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars. Leone acolyte and Cannes festival favorite Quentin Tarantino will host the event which is set to take place on Saturday, May 24 after the main prize ceremony. The restoration of the classic film which introduced Clint Eastwood as the Man with No Name was undertaken by the Cineteca di Bologna and the movie’s original producer and distributor, Unidis Jolly Film, with the involvement of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and Martin Scorsese’s Film Foundation.
Cannes: Quentin Tarantino To Host Closing-Night Screening Of Sergio Leone’s ‘A Fistful Of Dollars’
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest Film News
- John Carpenter To Exec Produce New ‘Halloween’ For Miramax, Trancas & Blumhouse
- Guns N’ Roses Docu Gets 50-City Theatrical Preview From XLrator
- Alicia Coppola Joins ‘Cowgirl’s Story’; Johnathon Schaech Lands Roles In ‘Philly Fury’, ‘Day Of The Dead…
- DreamWorks Animation Hires Exec From Paramount As New Head Of Development
- Sony Acquires Thriller Pitch From Scribe Lori Evans Taylor For Akiva Goldsman To Produce
- SAG-AFTRA Files Unfair Labor Charges Against Ad Giant Grey Global