It’s been a long time coming, but the Cannes Film Festival, which kicks off tomorrow, has now officially outlined its closing-night festivities. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Spaghetti Western in 1964, the festival will screen a newly restored 4K version of Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars. Leone acolyte and Cannes festival favorite Quentin Tarantino will host the event which is set to take place on Saturday, May 24 after the main prize ceremony. The restoration of the classic film which introduced Clint Eastwood as the Man with No Name was undertaken by the Cineteca di Bologna and the movie’s original producer and distributor, Unidis Jolly Film, with the involvement of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and Martin Scorsese’s Film Foundation.
Cannes: Quentin Tarantino To Host Closing-Night Screening Of Sergio Leone’s ‘A Fistful Of Dollars’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gotham Awards Winners List – ‘Spotlight’, ‘Tangerine’, ‘Diary’ And More
- Bold Films Boards Barbie Origin Story ‘Barbie And Ruth’; Reese Witherspoon Eyed To Star
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets China Release Date; Local Poster Unveiled
- Will ‘Star Wars’ Take All The Air Out Of The Christmas Box Office? – Monday B.O. Postmortem
- New ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ Teaser: World’s Finest?
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog