On the eve of Cannes, the international sales arm of Megan Ellison‘s Annapurna Pictures is rebranding. Formerly known as Panorama Media, the company will henceforth go by the moniker Annapurna International. The rebrand is an effort to streamline the financing and international sales arm with Annapurna’s day-to-day production and finance business under one name, Ellison and Annapurna International Head of Sales Kim Fox said today. In Cannes, Fox will start sales on American Express, a project produced by Annapurna Pictures and Charlize Theron‘s Denver & Delilah. Theron is in negotiations to star with Nash Edgerton directing. Annapurna International will continue to handle titles from the mother company as well as third party projects. Also on the Cannes slate is John Krasinski’s The Hollars with Krasinski, Anna Kendrick, Richard Jenkins and Margo Martindale starring. Ellison backed Cannes Competition title Foxcatcher which has its official bow next Monday. Sony Pictures Classics will release it on November 14 in the U.S.
Cannes: Panorama Media Rebrands As Annapurna International, Boards Charlize Theron Project ‘American Express’
Trending Now on Deadline
Indie Spirit Noms Preview Likely Oscar Contenders, But What's Up With That 'Imitation Game' Shutout?
More From Tartaglione
- Justin Chatwin, James Frain Join BBC America's 'Orphan Black' For Season 3
- International Emmys: UK's 'Utopia' Wins Best Drama Series
- Katniss Hot With $154.3M, 'Interstellar' Logs $330.6M: Int'l B.O. – Update
- Cast Set For BBC & Carnival's 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Epic 'The Last Kingdom'
- Canada's Bell Media Takes 'Manhattan' As SVOD Service Ramps Up To Rival Netflix