On the eve of Cannes, the international sales arm of Megan Ellison‘s Annapurna Pictures is rebranding. Formerly known as Panorama Media, the company will henceforth go by the moniker Annapurna International. The rebrand is an effort to streamline the financing and international sales arm with Annapurna’s day-to-day production and finance business under one name, Ellison and Annapurna International Head of Sales Kim Fox said today. In Cannes, Fox will start sales on American Express, a project produced by Annapurna Pictures and Charlize Theron‘s Denver & Delilah. Theron is in negotiations to star with Nash Edgerton directing. Annapurna International will continue to handle titles from the mother company as well as third party projects. Also on the Cannes slate is John Krasinski’s The Hollars with Krasinski, Anna Kendrick, Richard Jenkins and Margo Martindale starring. Ellison backed Cannes Competition title Foxcatcher which has its official bow next Monday. Sony Pictures Classics will release it on November 14 in the U.S.
Cannes: Panorama Media Rebrands As Annapurna International, Boards Charlize Theron Project ‘American Express’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'