Directed by Pierre Morel, The Gunman stars Sean Penn as a former Special Forces soldier and military contractor suffering from PTSD. He tries to reconnect with his longtime love but first must go on the run from London to Barcelona and across Europe to clear his name. The movie was a huge sales title for StudioCanal in Cannes last year, and Open Road earlier this month acquired it for the U.S. The action thriller, which also stars Javier Bardem, Idris Elba, Ray Winstone, Mark Rylance and Jasmine Trinca, now has been set for a February 20 stateside release. StudioCanal, which has the movie in its home territories, will go first on February 18 in France, followed by Australia and New Zealand on February 19. It will time the UK release to the U.S. and open in Germany a week later on February 26. The Gunman originally had a December 2014 release in France, but I understand the switch was made to accommodate a closer day-and-date with the U.S.
Cannes: Open Road, StudioCanal Date Sean Penn-Starrer ‘The Gunman’ In February 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief