Millennium Entertainment closed a U.S. rights deal on the Michael Radford-directed Elsa & Fred, starring Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer. Radford wrote it with Anna Pavigano, and Marcia Gay Harden, Chris Noth, Jared Gilman and Scott Bakula also star. Matthias Ehrenberg, Nicolas Veinberg, Jose Levy, Ricardo Kleinbaum from Cuatro Plus Films and Edward Saxon produce. Pic is a remake of the 2005 Spanish/Argentinian film the story of two people in the twilight of their lives who discover that it’s never too late to find love and make their dreams come true. After losing his wife, straight-laced Fred (Plummer) is forced by his daughter (Harden) to move into a small apartment where he meets Elsa. From that moment on, everything changes.
Cannes: Millennium Entertainment Lands Michael Radford’s ‘Elsa & Fred’ With Shirley MacLaine, Christopher Plummer
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Latest Film News
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con