EXCLUSIVE: Melissa George is attached to star in coming-of-age tale The Insect King. Written and directed by first-time feature helmer Priscilla Cameron, the film will kick off sales via 108 Media in Cannes next week. The story follows a motherless 13-year-old boy who falls in love with an exotic 40-year-old woman only to discover that he is in competition with his father for her affections. Produced by Bridget Callow-Wright, Insect King also stars Taika Waititi (Green Lantern) and Australia’s Sophie Lowe (Autumn Blood, Beautiful Kate). Abhi Rastogi, CEO of 108 Media, calls the project “an avant-garde masterpiece” that combines “comedy, drama, romance and fantasy to create a fairytale exploration of the magic of love.” George, who’s had a recurring role on The Good Wife this season, is the female lead opposite Rufus Sewell in ABC’s untitled Richard LaGravenese drama pilot. She’s repped by WME. Also on 108’s Cannes Market slate are cannibal pic He Never Died with Henry Rollins, and morality tale The Privileged with Sam Trammell (True Blood). It will release thriller Autumn Blood in June in NY, LA and select markets.
Cannes: Melissa George To Topline ‘The Insect King'; 108 Media Selling
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…