EXCLUSIVE: Melissa George is attached to star in coming-of-age tale The Insect King. Written and directed by first-time feature helmer Priscilla Cameron, the film will kick off sales via 108 Media in Cannes next week. The story follows a motherless 13-year-old boy who falls in love with an exotic 40-year-old woman only to discover that he is in competition with his father for her affections. Produced by Bridget Callow-Wright, Insect King also stars Taika Waititi (Green Lantern) and Australia’s Sophie Lowe (Autumn Blood, Beautiful Kate). Abhi Rastogi, CEO of 108 Media, calls the project “an avant-garde masterpiece” that combines “comedy, drama, romance and fantasy to create a fairytale exploration of the magic of love.” George, who’s had a recurring role on The Good Wife this season, is the female lead opposite Rufus Sewell in ABC’s untitled Richard LaGravenese drama pilot. She’s repped by WME. Also on 108’s Cannes Market slate are cannibal pic He Never Died with Henry Rollins, and morality tale The Privileged with Sam Trammell (True Blood). It will release thriller Autumn Blood in June in NY, LA and select markets.
Cannes: Melissa George To Topline ‘The Insect King’; 108 Media Selling
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- ‘Before The Flood’ Trailer: Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentary On Climate Change
- ‘Milton’s Secret’ Sneak Peek: First Film Based On An Eckhart Tolle Book Challenges The Young Mind
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- Viola Davis Joins Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?