Lionsgate and Televisa joint venture Pantelion Films is expanding its global brand, tapping Anne-Marie Ross as President of International. Ross is a 13-year veteran of Lionsgate, most recently serving as EVP of Sales overseeing several key European territories, Australia and Japan. Pantelion’s new international division will kick off its slate here in Cannes with the Sean McNamara-directed George Lopez starrer La Vida Robot. Marisa Tomei and Jamie Lee Curtis also feature in the film that’s based on the true story of four undocumented Mexican-American high school students who compete against MIT in a national underwater robotics competition. In addition to overseeing international sales of Pantelion’s own titles, Ross will rep third-party films for international sales and licensing. She will also work closely with Pantelion’s development and production teams to build a globally-focused slate. Pantelion launched in 2010. Its credits include Instructions Not Included, the highest-grossing Spanish-language film ever released in the U.S., as well as Pulling Strings, Casa De Mi Padre and From Prada to Nada.
Cannes: Lionsgate Vet Anne-Marie Ross To Run Pantelion Films’ International Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’