IM Global and China’s Huayi Brothers have partnered in a new output deal whereby IMG’s Anthem division will handle international sales on all of Huayi’s forthcoming Chinese language productions. Anthem will have world rights, excluding Greater China, including Hong Kong and Taiwan. IM Global opened a Beijing office last summer with former Huayi Brothers exec Leslie Chen heading up the operation and has been digging deeper into China as it looks to gain a high profile foothold in the international sales of major Chinese films. Huayi already has several films on Anthem’s Cannes slate including romantic comedy Women Who Flirt starring Huang Xiaoming and Zhou Xun; A Tale Of Three Cities based on the life of Jackie Chan’s parents and starring Tang Wei and Sean Ching-Wan Lau; kidnapping drama Abducted with Andy Lau and Jing Boran; and high-tech romance Love On the Cloud, starring Angelababy and Chen He. The company is also launching sales in Cannes on big budget Jackie Chan-starrer Civilian, an English-language actioner to be directed by Peter Segal, and on director Lu Yang’s Chinese-language Brotherhood Of Blades starring Chang Chen, Liu Shishi, Nie Yuan, Wang Qianyuan and Li Dongxue, and produced by Terence Chang.
Cannes: IM Global, China’s Huayi Brothers Pact For International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
Disney ABC TV President Ben Sherwood Talks Industry "Imbalance Of Power," Shonda Rimes' Exit, State Of TV
One America Appeal: Five Former Presidents Gather In Support Of Hurricane Relief, Donald Trump Praises Efforts
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations