IM Global and China’s Huayi Brothers have partnered in a new output deal whereby IMG’s Anthem division will handle international sales on all of Huayi’s forthcoming Chinese language productions. Anthem will have world rights, excluding Greater China, including Hong Kong and Taiwan. IM Global opened a Beijing office last summer with former Huayi Brothers exec Leslie Chen heading up the operation and has been digging deeper into China as it looks to gain a high profile foothold in the international sales of major Chinese films. Huayi already has several films on Anthem’s Cannes slate including romantic comedy Women Who Flirt starring Huang Xiaoming and Zhou Xun; A Tale Of Three Cities based on the life of Jackie Chan’s parents and starring Tang Wei and Sean Ching-Wan Lau; kidnapping drama Abducted with Andy Lau and Jing Boran; and high-tech romance Love On the Cloud, starring Angelababy and Chen He. The company is also launching sales in Cannes on big budget Jackie Chan-starrer Civilian, an English-language actioner to be directed by Peter Segal, and on director Lu Yang’s Chinese-language Brotherhood Of Blades starring Chang Chen, Liu Shishi, Nie Yuan, Wang Qianyuan and Li Dongxue, and produced by Terence Chang.
Cannes: IM Global, China’s Huayi Brothers Pact For International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney: ‘Ant Man And The Wasp’ A Go, ‘Incredibles 2’ Dated & More
- CAA Signs Belgian Writer-Directors Adil El Arbi And Bilall Fallah
- Daniel Craig Says He’s Done With Bond; Is The Search Now On For New 007?
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity
- Frank Albanese Dies: Tough-Guy Actor In ‘The Sopranos’ & ‘Goodfellas’ Was 84
- Tyler Perry Announces Future Site Of His New Studios